The 2020–2021 Vocabulary Bowl season ends on Friday, April 30th. To celebrate this special occasion, schools across the map are invited to compete in a special One-Day Vocabulary Bowl Challenge.
This exciting event is a one day sprint on the last day of the 7-month long Vocab Bowl season. The word-learning action plays out on the daily leaderboards for 24 hours as students master as many words as they can on Vocabulary.com by playing The Challenge. It's a fast and furious event that will bring some much needed fun to your students, whether they're learning in school, remote, or hybrid.
The schools that master the most words on April 30th and finish at the top of the Division I, II, and III leaderboards will be crowned the Final Buzzer Champions. It's a claim to fame which will earn them an official Vocabulary Bowl achievement certificate and hefty bragging rights. Certificates will also be awarded to the top 5 high schools and middle/elementary schools in Divisions I, II and III.
What: Vocabulary Bowl Final Buzzer One-Day Challenge
- Compete against schools in your division to take home the title of Final Buzzer Champion
- Achievement certificates awarded to Top 5 High Schools and Middle/Elementary School in Division I, II and III
- Play in TWO nationwide Vocab Jams throughout the day:
- Arbor Day: Tree Terminology @ 10:00 AM ET
- All-Image Jam @ 2:00 PM ET
Where: Anywhere you are! Students log on to Vocabulary.com from any device to master words and earn points for their school. Here's how.
Who: Open to all accredited K-12 schools in the U.S.*
New Teacher Resources
Want some ideas to help you build some Bowl momentum in your classroom? Set your students up for success with these helpful resources:
- Vocabulary Bowl implementation guide
- How to set #BOWLGOALS
- Vocabulary Bowl student recognition certificate
- Vocabulary.com student recognition certificate
- Customizable achievement badge certificate
- Vocabulary.com achievement badge artwork
- Social media templates — Facebook and Instagram
- Social media templates — Twitter
Follow Us on Social
*All accredited K–12 schools in the United States are invited to participate in the Final Buzzer One-Day Challenge. All accredited K–12 schools in the United States and Canada are eligible to participate in the Vocabulary Bowl. Learn how to play for your school, and read the full contest rules for details.
Have questions? Email email@example.com.
- Rate this article: