Students, teachers, and parents can now purchase the 10-week course to improve their score on all sections of the test.
Vocabulary.com's Roadmap to the ACT helps students achieve their best score on the ACT through our adaptive, science-based approach to word learning. Students can study smarter with the only adaptive test prep program that pinpoints knowledge gaps to deliver personalized instruction that helps them master words. We are proud to offer a program that helps students build their vocabulary for success on test day and beyond. See what makes Vocabulary.com's test prep programs effective and efficient.
Focus on what matters most.
Our test prep curriculum includes strategically selected words that are most likely to appear on the ACT, including the math and science sections. The program not only teaches the challenging academic vocabulary that appears in reading passages, it also provides explicit instruction on the language of the test. These terms appear in test directions and questions, and are equally critical for students to master. We help you target those high-utility, high-frequency words that are most crucial for you to know.
Personalized test prep.
Our advanced algorithms pinpoint the holes in your vocabulary and deliver targeted instruction to close those gaps. This adaptive approach ensures that students will spend more time studying what they still need to learn, not what they already know.
Don't just memorize, master.
Vocabulary.com's research-based method ensures that students don't simply memorize, they develop a true understanding that lasts through test day and beyond. Repeated exposure to new words at varied intervals supports retention, different question types activate higher-order thinking, and teaching all the core definitions of multiple-meaning words fosters depth of knowledge.
Be successful with test prep you can stick to.
With our self-paced structure, students can always find time to fit studying into their busy schedules, anytime and anywhere. And to motivate them to stick with it, the program rewards students with points and achievements that encourage them to put in the effort and level up.
Access unlimited practice.
In addition to weekly practice activities and quizzes, the Roadmap offers access to Vocabulary.com's extensive bank of 230,000 questions and 15,000 words. Students who want to go above and beyond will never run out of quality material to continue building their word knowledge through real-world usage examples.
Roadmap to the ACT details
This test program consists of 10 weeks of activities that teach multiple categories of words.
- Multiple-Meaning Words: Words that appear in reading passages and questions about word meaning
- The Language of the Test: Words you need to know to understand directions and questions Words to Capture Tone: Words you'll see in questions about the author's point of view, attitude, or tone
- Math Words: Words related to math concepts covered in the test
- Science Words: Words you'll see in questions about science concepts
Each week includes activities and resources for mastering the vocabulary of the ACT.
- Multiple practice activities, each based on a list of words from each of the three categories
- Post-practice 10-question quizzes to check for understanding, each based on the vocab list that students study in the practice activity
- A link to master all the words on any list, which takes students to The Challenge where they have the option to extend their learning
- A progress indicator that shows students how far they've come and what they still need to complete
When students complete all practice sessions and quizzes, they will be emailed a digital certificate of completion.