Whether you're a Vocab Bowl newcomer or a seasoned veteran, now's the time to ramp up the word learning for our first ever Halfway One-Day Challenge.
On Friday, January 15th, we round the corner into the second half of the 2020–2021 Vocabulary Bowl season. To celebrate this milestone, schools across the map are invited to compete in a special one-day challenge! The Vocabulary.com team is throwing down the gauntlet to see which school in each state can master the most words in 24 hours.
Each school that finishes January 15th at the top of their state leaderboard will be crowned the Halfway Day State Champion. That's a claim to fame which will earn them an official Vocabulary Bowl achievement certificate, hefty bragging rights, and a one-in-fifty chance at winning this stack of books!
What: Vocabulary Bowl Halfway One-Day Challenge
- Compete against schools in your state to take home the title of Halfway Day State Champion
- State leaders will be entered in a prize drawing for the books pictured above
- Play in a nationwide Vocab Jam
When: January 15, 2021 from 12:00 a.m. through 11:59 p.m.
Where: Anywhere you are! Students log on to Vocabulary.com on any device to master words and earn points for their school. Here's how.
Who: Open to all accredited K-12 schools in the U.S.*
New Teacher Resources
Want some ideas to help you build some Bowl momentum in your classroom? Set your students up for success with these helpful resources:
- Vocabulary Bowl implementation guide
- How to set #BOWLGOALS
- Vocabulary Bowl student recognition certificate
- Vocabulary.com student recognition certificate
- Customizable achievement badge certificate
- Vocabulary.com achievement badge artwork
- Social media templates — Facebook and Instagram
- Social media templates — Twitter
Follow Us on Social
*All accredited K–12 schools in the United States are invited to participate in the Halfway One-Day Challenge. All accredited K–12 schools in the United States and Canada are eligible to participate in the Vocabulary Bowl. Learn how to play for your school, and read the full contest rules for details.
Have questions? Email [email protected].